We are a franchise passionate about providing a performance environment which enables our athletes to thrive and develop to be the best they can be.
England Netball have now entrusted us to deliver the performance pathway. On our performance pathway we deliver the following programmes, Thunder Youth Academy (School Yr8 & 9) , U15 , U17 and U19.
As part of our pathway we will be delivering an S+C programme to ensure our athletes are as robust as possible. As part of delivery we require :-
- X 2 hours delivery per week ( 44 athletes ) – U17 + U19 programmes
- X 2 per month ( 20 athletes ) – U15 programme.
- Fitness testing of all athletes x 2 per year ( testing requirements set by England Netball)
- Use of fitness testing equipment (e.g. timing gates, jump mats)
- All sessions to be pre-planned
- Periodised strength and conditioning programmes for each athlete
- Prehabilitation/Rehabilitation programmes for identified athletes
- Continual feedback on athlete performance
- Alignment with national standards where applicable
We are looking for the right person to deliver this.
As a result we are putting this post out to tender and welcome proposals, in your proposal please outline the following :-
- Date of UKSCA qualification
- DBS Clearance
- Experience working in a performance environment
- Reasons for wanting to work with Manchester Thunder
- Costings for the above services
- Is there availability of your S+C suite ( + costings)
We look forward to appointing a passionate + professional coach.
Please send in your proposals to Director of Netball Karen Greig – deadline Friday 13th October 5pm.
Any questions – please contact Karen.