Thunder nominated for three Goalden Globes
Manchester Thunder have been nominated for three Goalden Globes Awards.
Head coach Karen Greig has been shortlisted for Coach of the Season after leading the Black and Yellows to third in the 2017 Superleague.
Young centre-courter Gabby Marshall gets the nod in the Vitality Player of the Season Award category, selected by the league’s sponsor, Vitality.
Completing the Thunder nominees is Kathryn Turner, who has made the shortlist for Players’ Player of the Season, chosen by Superleague players.
On the night of the ceremony, which is to be held at Birmingham’s NCC on Saturday, September 16, an All Star VII will be announced, which has also been voted for by all Superleague players.
Full list of nominees:
Superleague Coach of the Season
- Karen Greig – Manchester Thunder
- Karen Atkinson – Loughborough Lightning
- Tamsin Greenway – Wasps
Vitality Player of the Season
- Natalie Haythornthwaite – Wasps
- Bongiwe Msomi – Wasps
- Peace Proscovia – Loughborough Lightning
- Beth Cobden – Loughborough Lightning
- Gabby Marshall – Manchester Thunder
- Layla Guscoth – Team Bath
Players’ Player of the Season
- Bongiwe Msomi
- Peace Proscovia
- Kathryn Turner
Young Player of the Season
- Imogen Allison – Team Bath
- Sophie Drakeford-Lewis – Hertfordshire Mavericks
- Vicki Oyesola – Loughborough Lightning
Umpire of the Season
- Gary Burgess
- Jackie Mizon
- Louise Travis