Whether in the skies above Britain, or in airspaces around the world, it is the Royal Air Force’s job to protect the UK against any threat. We also act as a force for good around the globe – by working to strengthen international peace and security.
Sport in the RAF
In the RAF you can join a club for just about any sport, from skydiving and scuba diving to tennis and sailing. There are more than 50 available sports including, football, netball, rugby, hockey and athletics. There is also a host of some less common sports to try your hand at, such as fencing, bobsleigh, power-kiting, power-lifting and gliding.
RAF personnel perform at every level from marathon fun runs to the Olympics, and every sport has teams and training facilities as well as support and sponsorship.
The Royal Air Force offer 50-plus roles ranging from logistics and catering to engineering and nursing, but the opportunities and lifestyle that come with joining the Royal Air Force are bigger than that. Regardless of role, gender, age, background or qualifications, we offer:
- World-class training and ongoing development
- A highly competitive benefits package
- A culture of camaraderie
- Individual responsibility within a wider team of exceptional individuals
- Full-time Regular and spare-time Reserve commitment levels
- The ability to see and stay in touch with friends and family, while also forging new friendships
- Sporting opportunities and facilities
- Top-of-the-line kit
- The chance to be part of an equal opportunity organisation listed as one of the Times Top 50 Employers for Women.